Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shadow

I shadowed one of the leasing managers. I now know I do not want to be one.

She walked in and immediately checked her messages and returned phone calls. She then called the people that she had written down to call. Most of these were prospecting tenants and were making appointments with her or checking on leases. She did paperwork for most of the day as well as setting appointments and consulting with accounting and other departments to make sure all of her leases and tenants were taken care of.

The next day is when she went on all of her appointments. She was very strategic and efficient in the way she made her appointments. She did a lot of back to back appointments in the same building and any in the surrounding areas. It was also great that she went to these all in the same day and put aside a day to run around instead of constantly having to go back to the office.

I noticed that she listened to the clients needs on the phone and then told them about certain properties that would be beneficial for them to visit. It is great to listen to clients needs before trying to figure it out for them. It helps you be more efficient and turns prospects into clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment