Saturday, June 26, 2010

This is the resume that landed me an interview and job for after graduation! The formatting is a little off from copy and pasting but you will get the just of it. Feel free to use some ideas for your resume it was edited by a million people and I can only take partial credit for it.


BRITTANY A. WESTCOTT


Professional Summary:




Strong marketing and public relations skill acquired as an assistant to the Marketing Director of a Grammy Award-winning professional choir during the 2009-10 season. Currently completing a bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies with concentrations in communication and dance while performing marketing consulting for a real estate company. Acquired over seven years of experience in the work force with three years of management experience.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE




Marketing and Public Relations Intern 2009-2010

PHOENIX CHORALE, Phoenix, AZ







· Managed and coordinated special events and all concert operations

· Ran and coordinated the main fundraising event

· Planned and executed successful cross promotions with The Phoenix Opera, The Phoenix Symphony, New Times, and KBAQ radio station

· Produced digital media by shooting video footage, interviewing patrons, editing the video footage, and uploading it for promotion on all social networking sites

· Created and implemented social marketing campaigns on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and YouTube

· Invented a promotional game on Facebook for our Composer-in-Residence, Juilliard Graduate Ola Gjeilo

· Assisted Marketing Director with marketing schedule

· Expanded audience focusing on young adults (25 and under)

· Recorded a blog for the website to promote our Composer-in-Residence

· Recruited volunteers using Volunteer Match and social networking sites in addition to managing the volunteer database and volunteers at each event and concert

· Formed and edited news releases and email newsletters for cross promotions, email marketing campaigning, and concert promotion

· Proofread and edited concert programs, website content, and program content

· Managed residency for composer including radio interviews

· Composed and managed radio advertisements

· Coordinated northwest tour including flight plans and correspondence with singer’s to meet all of their requests

· Maintained positive patron relations through customer service in the office via email and phone as well as at the box office during concerts

· Contacted donors and patrons to maintain and further their support for our professional arts organization

· Developed a training manual for volunteers as well as one for future interns

· Implemented new systems creating more efficiency and organization in the office

· Researched material to include in concert program including composer biographies and the specific background and information for each piece of music

Receptionist and Assistant Office Manager 2008-2009 BACK IN SHAPE CHIROPRACTIC, Phoenix, AZ





· Maintained patient records and medical charts by managing data entry by all therapists

· Managed telephone operations including reminder calls and recruiting new patients

· Maintained positive patient relations by maintaining a pleasant office atmosphere and keeping their therapy on schedule

· Assisted Office Manager with all duties including data entry, assistance to the doctor, keeping the patients on track with their therapies, keeping the therapists on track with patients, and new patient consultations and appointments

· Created and executed promotional referral incentives including seasonal games, and maintaining thank you notes for our patients of the month

· Managed scheduling of patients including rescheduling those patients trying to cancel and making sure each patient is maintaining their treatment plan

· Confirmed medical insurance coverage for all new patients

· Maintained records of finances including charges and payments for all insurance companies

EDUCATION & ORGANIZATIONS




Texas Tech University

Completed 63 hours for the School of Visual and Performing arts in the Theatre and Dance department

Deans List – 2006-2007

National Dean’s List Honor Society

National Society of Collegiate Scholars

Member of Alpha Chi Omega National Fraternity

Women’s Protective Services (WPS)

Volunteer from 2005-2007

Arizona State University

Completing a Bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Studies

Presidents List- 2008-2009

Golden Key National Honor Society

Social Networking Workshop 2009

No Stone Unturned by Holly Hickman

5 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    I am glad that this resume landed you a job for after you graduate. In this job market that must be a huge relief! Your action statements are strong and in general this resume is well written, but there are a few things that could still be revised. I would list your education separate from the organizations that you have been involved in. You are going to list your BIS degree, but not your Texas Tech work since you did not graduate from there. Your BIS degree should list the degree name, the graduation year (not years attended), your concentrations and awards. I would also move education to the top of your resume just after your professional summary. I would keep the organizations at the bottom of the resume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    Congrats on this resume that landed you a job! I am nervous about my career search. It was a little hard to read with the pink text and black background, but I am sure you didn't submit it like that on scented paper like Elle Woods :). I like the detail you have in your list of duties as an intern. How did you like interning at Phoenix Chorale?

    Where did you find a job? Do you plan on staying in Arizona?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of congrats on the job. Your resume seems really strong and you have completed a lot of things. I personally feel that it is a little long though. I would take out some of the responsibilites under your previous work experiance and internship. It is good that people know that you completed all that, but sometimes that it what the interview is for too. A resume should fit all on one page and be a highlight of what you have done. It sould only take the reader but a few minutes to read it. When I interview somebody, if the resume is to long I almost do not even read it. I will just ask them in person for a quick tell me about yourself, so make sure you have that prepared for your interview. Overall I liked it and I can not believe all the amazing things you have accomplished. And good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are a busy girl! I can’t believe that you maintained deans list throughout college while also completing so many extracurricular tasks. Did being involved in sorority help with all that? Support and encouragement from friends and family is defiantly something that helped me throughout school and it seems like you probably had a lot of it. I liked that you chose to use face book as a form of marketing and campaigning. It shows you understand new technology as forms of communication and tools to reach people. I am an organizer as well, a little obsessive compulsive disorder in me, and I liked that you created new systems in increase efficiency and organization within your workplace. Was that a task they gave you or did you see a better way of doing things and went with it? Either way, employers see that you are a leader, improviser, and can communicate to people our age. You will be an important tool for future employers and I wish you luck when you graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, my names Bret and I have to also say congrats on the job. It seems like you are an extremely hard worker and your resume definitely shows that you have the right skills for business. I wish that my resume looked as good as yours, it would probably help me out. Looking through your experiences it seems like you have made many accomplishments already and I wish you luck on your next endeavors. By the look of this resume, it seems like you are well off.

    ReplyDelete